Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gimpydogs to the rescue! (video)

Its about time for an update, isn't it? Let me start by saying I have not forgotten about all of you! When I say I've been super crazy busy, it's an understatement. I even gave up facebook (gasp!) and no not because someone was ugly about my boy or anything like that. Simply because I found myself wasting SO much time there! Then to add to my craziness my momma had open heart surgery last week. She lives next door to me thank goodness, and I am so thankful she is doing great, but times like these I wish she had given me at least one more sibling to help me care for her GIANT mastiff "Suki" (remember her?) Well, she's been our house guest and will be until mom can handle her again. She's such a good girl...thank God, lol!
   

So Johnny is doing great! He has outgrown his PVC cart, will be done growing very soon, and is now ready for his professional cart. A HUGE thank you and sloppy dog kiss goes out to Penny from gimpydogs ! She stepped in, took over, and raised enough funds for Johnny's brand spankin' new cart plus a little extra to help the next gimpy dog in need of some wheels. Pics and video coming as soon as his wheels arrive! 


You should head on over to gimpydogs.com and check them out. They do awesome work and have tons of information there and best of all they have huge hearts and help out families and their dogs just like us everyday. Having a handicapped pet is not cheap...at all. It's SOOO worth it, but can be hard sometimes. Thank God for people like Penny and you all that donate to help people like us :)


So I'm digging through my old pics on my laptop (over 11,000 of them, yes did you read that right) and I found videos that I forgot I had!(love when that happens) This is obviously when Johnny had his horrible case of worms, right before his blockage when we almost lost him. He and Bella played like this all the time. And the only difference now is she is rougher with him. I love how gentle she always was with him. He could not have asked for a better momma....enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - what a great post! Glad everything is okay with your mom. I can't believe how big Johnny has gotten! He's in his lanky teen stage, huh?! So cute, loved the vid!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi goosie mama,
      Thank you, mom is doing great considering what she's been through! And yes, he is in that odd lanky stage,lol! but I can see the square head developing...before we know it he'll be a big handsome blockhead :) I just read about your grandpa's nanny dog...so cool!

      Delete
  2. He is so handsome! Thanks for the update - glad to hear he is well and getting his new wheels! How exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dogrose! We are anxiously waiting for his cart to arrive any minute...there is a loooong walk in our future this evening :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete